Registered Nurse - Psych
We currently have a need for a large volume of psychiatric nurses in the state of New Hampshire. Facilities include hospitals as well as nursing home settings.
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Specialty: Psych or Behavioral Health
Location: Concord, NH
Start Date: ASAP
Shifts: 40 hours per week; all shifts available
Assignment length: Will consider permanent or temp to perm candidates
Qualified candidates must have 1+ year of Psychiatric or Mental Health experience as a Registered Nurse. Inpatient experience is a plus! Candidates must also hold a NH license as well as a BLS certification.
Job Responsibilities are as follows:
- Utilizes all components of the nursing process including nurses notes, Plan-of-Care, admission assessments, and MAR reviews to provide care for assigned residents with physical and mental condition.
- Exercises considerable judgment in monitoring, assessing, and implementing medical and nursing interventions of residents within the assigned unit to ensure quality, nursing service.
- Counsels residents to components of their Plan-of-Care and courses of action which might be taken to achieve the goals agreed upon at the Plan-of-Care meeting to ascertain their willingness to comply and assure resident s to Right-to-Know .
- Receives pertinent data from subordinates relative to physical/psychological changes in the residents and relays information to Nurse Coordinator to determine course of intervention if required to maintain facility standards.
- Reports routine and unusual facts and situations to the Nursing Coordinator and gives report, to on-coming shift, of events/occurrences on their shift to provide continuity of care throughout the department.
- Makes contact with physicians, specialists, and allied health professionals using professional assessment/judgment skills in relating facts as presented during the consultation to convey accurate descriptive information lending itself to informed medical decision making.
- Administers prescribed medications and makes notations, before and after, of effects of medications given to guard against polypharmacy issues, and mismanaged medication regimes and reports these to Nurse Coordinator.
- Admits, transfers, and discharges residents as directed by the attending physician to provide for timely medical care or least restrictive housing options.
- Supervises nursing staff assigned to their unit.
Millennium works hard to take care of our employees! We can offer you:
- Industry-leading pay rates
- Premier health benefits
- Tax advantage program including lodging and per diem stipends
- 401K and Flex Spending Accounts
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Loyalty Rewards Program
- Refer-a-friend bonuses
- Licensure and certification reimbursements